Life works in mysterious ways, you know? I was looking over my stats tonight, just skimming, checking up on my views and whatnot, when I come across a section labeled “referrers” and notice that I had been referred by Olivia Slama from The Slama Family Project, imagine my surprise when I see that she has nominted me for the “One Lovely Blog” Award! I am so thankful to her, so thanks Slama Family Project!
And so, there are 5 steps I need to take in order to accept this award and they are:
1) Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2) Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
3) Tell them seven facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
5) Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
• • •
Let’s so this:
Step UNO: finito (my autocorrector wanted to change the word to “finite”…and I almost didn’t catch it)
Step DOS: Yes, got it!
Step TRES: (this shouldn’t be so hard!)
1. I recently discovered that I don’t, in fact, have a favorite color so alas I have been lying to all my friends (and ex-boyfriends) about this. I do leave towards white and black but it’s a touchy subject with all those artist people who argue that white is the absence of color and black is the blend of all the colors… or is that backwards?
2. I have no recollection (none, zero, zip, zilch) about the first six years of my life. My mother, a wonderful, yet self-taught psychologist, is perpetually convinced that I suppressed my memories from Cuba. (I came to America when I was six…it was very traumatic. true story)
3. This might be an addition to #1 but I hate, and I mean completely despise, the color red. I don’t know what it is about the color, considering most women (and unfortunately my boyfriend) love the color red, it reminds them of flowers and hearts and kisses…blah blah blah. Well, I hate it. It doesn’t look good on anything!
4. I like hyphenated baby names. I’m not sure if that’s a tacky thing, or if my kids will hate me for it but I just LOVE them. I’m thinking of something along the lines of Noah-Riley, Benjamin-Noah, or Benjamin-Carson (something Noah or something Benjamin).
5. My full name is Anadaniela…yes it’s a mouthful, let’s do it together: A-na-da-ni-e-la. Yay, you did it! I’ve been ashamed of it all my life, it’s so long and annoying and none of my teachers could pronounce it right. (sad face)
6. I’m obsessed with elephants and dream catchers. I have a mini (very mini, only 4 so far) elephant collection and I had a dream catcher collection until my mother threw it away. Funny story about that…
7. I have a dream catcher tattoo on my back because my mother, one day (out of the blue) decided to throw away my small, yet very hard-earned, collection. Now it’s a reminder (a pretty BIG reminder) of how much I love them.
(….half an hour later)
Here are my 15 nominees with the loveliest blogs (please don’t be alarmed if your name is on here and I do not know you or follow you): (oh, that right there is not a sad face, by the way)
Kat from Adventures in Illustration, Maryanna from Little Wolf, Kara from KaraBiner, Paige from Barefoot and Vintage, Dave from Monkey Works, Chioma from Studio Chi, Danielle from Goose Feathers, Smiler from From Smiler, With Love, Heather from Illustrated Bites, Allen from Fresh Wall Street, Cassy from Knit the Hell Out, Mara from The Fortunate Misfortunes that are my Life, Sage from Sage Clare, and Nadia and Sarah from eateatplay.
Step CINCO: I will contact everyone tomorrow…since it’s 12:46AM and I have been out and about all day=tired.